Coronavirus in Maharashtra: 5 new cases of covid-19 in Nagpur, Gondia district
Five persons test positive for coronavirus in Maharashtra’s Vidarbha region- four in Nagpur city and another in Gondia district: Officials
Coronavirus world update: The US on Friday surpassed China in the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases. With 85,300 positive tests, now it has more infected patients than any other country in the world. But Covid-19-related fatalities in the US (1,295) so far have been way fewer than in China (3,292), Italy (8,215) and Spain (4,365).
6.52 pm: Coronavirus impact: CMIE predicts the biggest contraction for India Inc in 20 years
India Inc is currently facing a deep contraction and it is broad-based across sectors and industries, according to a latest report Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE). The Mumbai-based think tank warned that the coronavirus outbreak could make it even bigger, longer and broad-based.
6.50 pm: Coronavirus impact: Finance Ministry urges RBI to pause EMI, loan repayments
Finance Ministry has asked the Reserve Bank of India to consider emergency measures to help borrowers cope with economic pressure triggered by the COVID 19 outbreak. Department of Financial Services Secretary Debashish Panda reportedly wrote a letter to the RBI on Tuesday suggesting a moratorium of a few months on the payment of equated monthly installments (EMIs), interest and loan repayments and relaxation in the classification of bad loans.
- As per the Union Health Ministry, there are total of 166 confirmed coronavirus cases in India which include 141 Indians and 25 foreign nationals. Fifteen have been discharged, while three have died.
- In an advisory, issued on March 10, the govt has advised citizens to avoid non-essential travel abroad in view of the fact that the coronavirus has spread to over 100 countries now
6.30 pm: Coronavirus in Maharashtra: Groceries, medical stores to remain open all-day
All stores of essential commodities, groceries, and medicine have been allowed to stay open round the clock in Maharashtra. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray issued orders allowing such stores to be open 24 hours. These shops, however, have to adhere to social distancing, sanitization and cleanliness norms.
6.09 pm: Coronavirus relief fund: Insurance for health workers great relief, says Harsh Vardhan
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan appreciated the insurance package declared by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today for health workers working in the country which includes more than 10 lakh Asha workers. This is good news and it gives security to all the health workers, the Health Minister told ANI.
5.55 pm: Coronavirus in India: 13 active cases in J&K
Jammu and Kashmir government informed that 13 people have been tested positive for COVID-19 till now in the state. 5,482 people who came in contact with possibly infected or positive cases have been put under surveillance, the government said.
5.42 pm: WATCH: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee directs officials, street vendors to practice social distancing
France reports 231 more coronavirus deaths, bringing total to 1,331
- French health authorities reported 231 new deaths from coronavirus on Wednesday, taking the total to 1,331.
- The rise in the number of deaths represents a daily increase of 21%.
- A slight slowing from the previous two days with the country now in its second week of lockdown.
- This daily government tally only accounts for those dying in hospital but authorities said they would soon be able to compile data on deaths in retirement homes, which is likely to result in a big increase in registered fatalities.
- During a press conference, health agency director Jerome Salomon added that the number of cases had risen to 25,233, a rise of about 13% in 24 hours.
Rajasthan: Two more new coronavirus positive cases reported in the state today. Total number of cases in the state rises to 38.
Second Covid-19 death in Gujarat
- An 85-year-old woman who had been diagnosed with coronavirus died here on Wednesday, the Gujarat health department said.
- It was the second COVID-19 death in the state, it added.
- She had traveled abroad, and after developing symptoms of COVID-19, she was admitted at civil hospital on March 22,” the department said in a tweet.
- “She was suffering from many complications,” it added.
- On March 22, a 67-year-old coronavirus patient had died in Surat.
Nine new cases in Kerala
One COVID19 positive patient, an 85-year-old woman, passed away in Ahmedabad today. She had traveled abroad&after developing symptoms of COVID-19, she was admitted at Ahmedabad Civil Hospital on 22 March. She was suffering from many complications: Health Department, Gujarat Govt
2 coronavirus positive cases reported in Telangana today, taking total positive cases in the state to 41. The first case, a woman in Hyderabad, is the family/primary contact of a positive case. A second case, a 3-yr-old boy, has a travel history to Saudi Arabia: Government of Telangana
Repeat samples of three people, admitted at Pune’s Naidu Hospital, have tested negative for COVID19.